About Dr. Francis
Dr. Francis is a Forensic Neuropsychologist based in California who conducts med-legal examinations and renders expert witness testimony nationwide. He has performed over 500 evaluations in legal jurisdictions and over 1000 psychological evaluations for spine surgeries, implantable technologies, and difficult to treat chronic pain patients.
Dr. Francis is skilled in evaluating unexplained medical symptoms, and neuropsychological evaluations for mild traumatic brain injuries, heavy metal and pesticide exposure, and neurodegenerative conditions such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s and metabolic diseases which impact brain function.
Dr. Francis is the former Chief of Neuropsychology at Kentfield Rehabilitation Hospital, a former President of the Biofeedback Society of CA, and a previous Clinical Instructor in the Department of Diagnostic Sciences at the University of the Pacific School of Dentistry. He continues to maintain a clinical private practice. Dr. Francis has also provided consultation on curriculum development and business practices to multidisciplinary pain programs.
His recent lectures include
The Neuropsychological Effects of Heavy Metal and Pesticide Exposure
The Use of Symptom and Performance Validity Tests in Forensic Neuropsychological Evaluations
Estimating Pre-morbid Functioning.
Dr. Francis holds a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and completed a two-year post-doctoral training in Neuropsychology from the Fielding Graduate University. In addition, he completed a post-doctoral fellowship in Neuropsychology at Laguna Honda Hospital.
Dr. Francis has been in the mental health field for over 30 years. In that time he has…
- Practiced as a licensed psychologist with a focus on neuropsychology, pain psychology and stress disorders.
- Chief of the Neuropsychology Service at Kentfield Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Served as a medical legal evaluator to both plaintiff/applicant and defense on hundreds of cases.
- Performed more than a thousand psychological clearances for spinal cord stimulators and intrathecal devices, pain management and restorability (recovery).
- Trained and supervised early career psychologists.
- Served as a Board Member and President of the Biofeedback Society of California.
- Managed and owned a Pain and Neuropsychology clinic
- Published in the field of Health Psychology
- Presented nationally and internationally on biofeedback, chronic pain, neuropsychological effects of medications, and more recently on symptom and performance validity testing in litigated neuropsychological evaluations.
>> View Dr. Francis’ Curriculum Vitae.